Hey, I’m Rachel – I’m the business owner of the Counselling Alliance. The Counselling Alliance has been a part of my life since 2012, when I started it with my lovely colleague Mary, who has since retired. We started Counselling Alliance as we wanted the private sector to become more accessible to everyone, relieving the pressure that so many charity agencies are under with such long waiting lists.
I entered into this profession having experienced counselling in my own life and grew up always wanting to help others. I studied for 4 years for my initial qualification as a Person-Centred Therapist – I was instantly hooked on my studies and fell in love with learning for the first time ever. This is a study like no other, as you learn as much about yourself as you do the modality and theory. It was emotional, exhausting, exciting, infuriating, hard going and so rewarding all in one.
Since then I have also gone on to qualify as a Clinical Supervisor which I love as it enables me to support fellow counsellors with their case loads, giving ideas where they may be stuck, supporting them in all things counselling and making sure training, ethics and standards are being met and adhered to.
I have a real passion for OCD and PTSD/trauma for many reasons, but the primary one being that this issue is very close to my heart and I have dedicated a lot of my time and energy into researching and learning all that I can within these areas. My thirst for knowledge within this field will never end.
Qualifications and areas of specific interest that i have trained in so far are-
- Fully qualified Person Centred counsellor (CPCAB)
- Level 5 Counselling Supervision qualification (CPCAB)
- Mental Health and the Body-Treating Trauma (Carolyn Spring)
- Working with Trauma that has become stuck (Carolyn Spring)
- Counselling online 80 hours training completed (Counselling Tutor)
- Childhood Sexual Abuse training (Carolyn Spring)
- Attachment Theory to Practice training (Sir Richard Bowlby)
- Working with Complex Issues (Isabel Clarke)
- Working with Couples in Counselling (Denise Knowles)
- Loss and Bereavement Awareness (cruise training)
- Standardisation training (CPCAB)
- Treating General Anxiety Disorder and Panic Attacks (mind body breakthrough)
- Working with Shame (Carolyn Spring)
- Working with Trauma Memories (Carolyn Spring)
- Working with Triggers and Flashbacks (Carolyn Spring)
I am blessed to have a lovely little team of hand-picked counsellors that work alongside me, each bringing something brilliant to the Counselling Alliance. We have a similar work ethic and a warmth and passion about what we do.Back to the team
Registered with the information commissioners office under the data protection act 1998. Reg. ZA649846