I chose this picture because I love to be outside and near water and because it reminds me of the quote: The mind is like water. When it is turbulent, it’s difficult to see. When it is still, everything becomes clear”
Hey, I’m Cathy. Sometimes we need a sanctuary from the storm; a place of warmth and acceptance where you can be heard and understood to find a way forward. Counselling helps many people find greater peace and well being through greater self-acceptance and a stronger sense of identity.
My qualifications include:
- A degree in Person-Centred Counselling and Psychotherapy
- A Masters in Mindfulness and courses in taking your practice online
- Counselling online 80 hours training completed (Counselling Tutor)
- Trauma and the body
- Relational trauma: dealing with disorganised attachment
- Infant loss
- Understanding substance misuse
- Understanding anxiety
- Creative approaches
- Complicated grief
- Working with survivors of sexual abuse
I’ve worked in private practice since 2013, as well as in a hospice, charity for survivors of abuse, and secondary schools. I help with a broad range of issues, such as low self-esteem, abuse, bereavement, depression, and anxiety. I am also a counselling tutor and mindfulness trainer and a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
I also have a passion for energy work and understanding how the body holds on to tension and trauma. I enjoy practicing Reiki, mindfulness and other methods as a “whole body approach”.
Registered with the information commissioners office under the data protection act 1998. Reg. ZA649846